Traditional Falafel Balls

Updated: Dec 17, 2019

1-15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed - 1- small onion, chopped 4 -cloves garlic chopped 1/2 - cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped 1/2 - cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped 1 - cup spinach leaves, loosely packed 1 - tsp ground cumin 1 - tsp ground paprika 1/4 - tsp Cayenne pepper, (optional) 1 - tsp sea salt, or to taste 1/2 - cup 1 - teaspoon parsley (finely chopped) 2 - Tbs olive oil Tahini Sauce 1/4 - cup sesame seed paste 2 - Tbs lemon juice 3 - clove garlic, minced 3 - Tbs water pinch allspice 2 - Tbs olive oil or vegetable oil 1 - Tbs parsley (finely chopped) 1 - Tbs cilantro, chopped 1/4 - tsp ground cumin - 1/4 tsp salt to taste

Traditional Falafel Balls

1 - Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 2 - Line baking sheet with parchment paper, grease or spray with oil, and set aside. 3 - Place chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro, spinach, cumin, paprika, cayenne and salt in a food processor. 4 Pulse until well blended. Add gluten-free flour and pulse. 5 Transfer mixture to a large bowl and form into a large ball. 6 Take pieces and shape into balls. 7 Place balls on baking sheet, brush with oil. 8 Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway or until golden brown. 9 Delicious served with tahini sauce, recipe below! 10 Combine tahini, lemon juice, garlic, water, allspice and salt in a bowl, stirring to form a thick creamy sauce. 11 Refrigerate until ready to serve. Tahini Sauce: 1 - Mince garlic, then mash to a paste with sea salt. 2 Whisk together garlic paste and remaining ingredients until combined well. Servings: 12 Yield: 12 Difficulty: Easy Oven Temperature: 400°F Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 1/12 of a recipe (2.2 ounces). Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet. Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients. Amount Per Serving Calories 115.31 Calories From Fat (61%)70.06% Daily Value Total Fat 7.76 g 12% Saturated Fat 1.04 g 5% Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 2348.96 mg 98% Potassium 156.66 mg 4%Total Carbohydrates 9.68 g 3% Fiber 1.85 g 7% Sugar 0.67 g Protein 2.94 g 6%Enjoy!


15 views